The World of Children 3rd Edition
Helping students make connections between science and practice
The World of Children helps students connect the science and the practice of child development in a way that can positively change lives. The third edition features an active learning system that exposes students to real people facing real world child development challenges. It encourages readers to think critically about issues from multiple perspectives. The World of Children is a chronological child development text.
MyDevelopmentLab is available with World of Children, 3e. Through MyDevelopmentLab, students have access to MyVirtualChild, an interactive web-based simulation that allows students to raise a child from birth to age 18 and monitor the effects of their parenting decisions over time.
A better teaching and learning experience
The teaching and learning experience with this program helps to:
- Personalize Learning ? The new MyDevelopmentLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructions achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking ?Prompts throughout each chapter jumpstart readers? critical thinking process.
- Engage Students ? Real-life cases encourage students apply what they are learning. Also, students can raise a child throught MyVirtualChild.
- Explore Research ? With over 600 new research citations, this new edition reflects the latest research in the field of child psychology.
- Understand Different Perspectives ? Several perspectives are included in the reading to help students think about the content from different points of view.
- Support Instructors ? New MyDevelopmentLab Video Series. These cross-cultural videos feature original footage filmed in the United States, Mexico, and Botswana. Guided by series editor Ashley Maynard (University of Hawaii, Manoa), they show how culture impacts child development. Videos are available in multiple formats: on an instructor?s DVD, tied to quizzes in MyDevelomentLab, and called out in the chapter with ?Watch? icons.
Note: MyDevelopmentLab does not come automatically packaged with this text.? To purchase MyDevelopmentLab, please visit: www.mydevelopmentlab.com or you can purchase a ValuePack of the text MyDevelopmentLab: ValuePack ISBN-10: TBD / ValuePack ISBN-13: TBD